Monday, September 17, 2007

DIA DANCER


I drew this piece and entitled it "Dia Dancer" because if you look at the Hindu festival of Diwali there would be small cups of light to guide the Gods to the houses of the believers. This girl is dancing for the entertainment of her gods. The fires are going and she is decorated in her finery. What a wonderful feeling it must be to be bathed in the glow of the flames and be enchanted by a beauty dancing and baring her soul before your eyes.
(Art by Samuel Singh)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the art. It looks nice. One thing I always thought was cool was the curves of Indian women. Thanks for showing it. hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

beautiful work

Anonymous said...

beautiful drawing

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could draw

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm quite impressed with the drawing as well as the colors chosen.